Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Great Minds Think Alike


I was thinking about putting together a discussion group about the paranormal, esoteric and supernatural. I was inspired to do this my own interests and by the number of patrons who asked about these subjects at the reference desk. Patrons have asks for everything from texts on the tarot to aliens to magic spells.

Considering these interests I was surprised and impressed when I was looking at the monthly schedule of events here at Gulfport Library and saw a group was coming in to discuss P.D. Ouspensky and the Fourth Way Spiritual Path. Ouspensky was a Russian philosopher with interests in the mystical. He combined geometry and psychology in what he called higher dimensions of existence. He is best known for his early work with the mystic teacher and author G. I. Gurdjieff.

I have always had an interest in the esoteric, paranormal and supernatural. I am a fan of supernatural horror fiction. My favorite writers include: H. P. Lovecraft, Algernon Blackwood and M.R. James. I have also had an interest in the stories and practices of those who believe they have actually experienced something paranormal.

The Fourth Way Spiritual Path: Video and discussion based on the book The Fourth Way, by P. D. Ouspensky. Presented by the Fourth Way Study Group. Saturday, August 19, 1:00 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home